Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Month Ago....

Has it seriously really been one month since I did the 2010 LA Marathon?!! I can't believe it!! It was quite an experience & one that I'll never forget for sure! I'll be talking about that day for years to come. A goal of mine was fulfilled that day on Sunday, March 21, 2010! Yikes, I was SO EXCITED that day with many, MANY butterflies swarming around in me in my stomach!!

*The following is a TRUE; funny story that I have to share when I finished the LA Marathon*

~I was making my way past mile 26 of the marathon when I saw two of my really good friends (Bonnie & Vikki) on the sidelines that had come that day to cheer me on as I finished the marathon. I just made it past the mile marker and there were only .2 miles (whatever you call it) left to do and I decided to kick it up and run fast (speeding) over the finish line like I used to do in high school cross country when I'd be near the finish line; finishing strong. Seeing my friends also helped me to do this. As I was ALMOST to the finish line; it was close, I guess my fanny pack fell open/got unzipped somehow (I didn't do it) and my stuff came out. People on the sidelines were all like getting my attention and telling me that my stuff had fallen out, etc and one person gave me my phone that had fallen out and I picked up some papers. I was looking at them and at the main clock at the finish line; back and forth and they were telling me that I still had stuff of the ground. I saw that the clock was under 8 hours and I told them, "I'll be right back to get it; I want to finish." Because I wanted to be under 8 hours which I did! As I crossed the finish line, it was the greatest (& tiring) feeling in the world!! I got my medal and was about to get my blanket that they give you when I thought I had lost my friend's Ipod when my fanny pack fell open that I borrowed for the marathon. I was so frantic and scared at the moment; forgot about the blanket and rushed back to the point where the fanny pack had fallen & became mysterious open somehow. That alone was just really weird! Luckily, the ipod wasn't lost, it was in the side pocket the pack. I was breathing a sign of relief. The only things that I "lost" was: 4 granola bars (that I could care less of if I lost them) and a small; tiny bottle of this energy boost that I got at the Expo the day before that the lady said to take a few miles before the finish to gather more energy, etc. Someone actually thought that the energy boost was my medicine. On another note, my friend of the ipod, after I told her the funny story, later told me that it was only material possesions & she acted way less than I thought she would which helped me be all right about it. After that whole craziness, I rejoined my friends; took tons of pictures and than eventually went home to rest.~

No comments: