My first entry: "So, the reason for this blog is simple: to record my progress, etc so I can look back one day and see what I've accomplished and go, "Wow, I did that?!!" I want to be real honest with my self because I'm doing this for myself. I want to challenge my self too.I'm going to try to post daily with updates on my training, (how it goes, how I feel during/through it all, etc) struggles and so forth. Like I said before, I wanted a place to document everything so I can look back when I'm older and just be amazed at what I've accomplished!
I have decided to title my blog Hebrews 12:1-2 and have the blogging address be running the race of faith because it just felt right to me because I am in a race if I'm being honest--the race of faith with Jesus being my author and finisher of my faith because without him, I would have no life. I have life & I'm living today because of what Jesus did on the cross for me when he died. He paid the penalty for my sins even though he didn't have to (Romans 5:8; John 3:16) when he died on the cross. But, he did because he loved me & he loves you too! Therefore, I want to work on glorifying & honoring God in all that I do."
I really want to take to heart the second paragraph and live it out not just say it. I'm running for Christ this Sunday which how I personalized my running bib (run4christ).
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."--Philippians 4:13.
It has been a fun, crazy and wild ride since I've started training for the LA Marathon. I can't believe that it is THIS weekend on Sunday!! It's been fun to document my training the past couple of months since the Fall and see how far I've come. Come Sunday, it's going to be an adventure! :)
4 days until the LA Marathon! :)
*I'm signing off until my next running adventure!*
No comments:
Post a Comment