Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 19: 2.16 Miles

Today, I ran 2.16 Miles this morning for my training. The run felt great! During my run this morning, I kept telling myself that, "You can do this," and I replied with, "I know I can." It's still pretty surreal that in 19 days, I'm doing my FIRST EVER marathon. It's kind of crazy to think about but it's a challenge I want to arise too. I know I can do it!! Yes, I can!!

When I got home from Awana yesterday, I put this as my status on my facebook in anticipation for the marathon drawing near: "the butterflies are growing rapidly inside my stomach by the minute because there's only 19 days until the LA Marathon!! What did I get myself into?? It's a challenge I want to rise up to; bring it on!!"

Here's the response that I got that's been encouraging and helpful as well as putting things into perspective (Hebrews 12:1-3):
Kimberly Ebner likes this.
Chris Di Stefano
You can do it!!!
Yesterday at 10:25pm ·

Chris A. Guzman
Dominate that course, Joy!
Yesterday at 10:31pm ·

Millie Brache
The Lord will strenghen and be your help, Good for you!!

19 days until the 2010 LA Marathon!

I'm signing off until my next running adventure! Stay tuned :)

No comments: