Thank you for taking time out of your schedules to read my letter that’s in your hands right now. Thank you! Running has always been a part of my life. I ran in high school and loved it (believe it or not)! I can’t explain as to why I loved loving. It’s just an adrenaline rush that’s contagious that has never left me even though it has been 8 years since I ran which brings me today.
Hi, my name is (inserted my name) and I'm training for the 2010 LA Marathon that’s on Sunday, March 21, 2010! Yep! You heard correctly! A Marathon….all 26.2 miles! Some questions that you may be thinking right now could be: Really? Wow! Really? Why are you doing this? What made you do this? Are you crazy? All these questions are good and the answer is quite simple. I want to do a marathon! Running a marathon is something that’s just on my list of things to do that I feel would be absolutely amazing to do! My friend Lauren did the LA Marathon last year and was talking about doing it again and before you knew it, one thing lead to another and bam…..I was hooked! Why? Because I want to do a marathon. I’m not in the marathon to win. I’m in it for myself. I’m a little nervous but not afraid. I’m determined. Determined to do a marathon. And that’s my goal that I’m sharing with you today. My goal is to participate and finish the LA Marathon. I’m committed to it! Crossing that finish line will be such an exhilarating and awesome feeling to me, I believe! Can I do it? Heck yes!! Am I crazy for even thinking about doing a marathon? No and probably but my mind is made up and I’m going for it!
This brings me to the hard part of this letter: the financial aspect. The entrance fee for the LA Marathon this year is $125.00. I can’t do this alone so I’m asking you today if you would be willingly to consider to sponsoring me to help me out in my pursuit of my goal at hand in increments of either $5, $10, $15, $20 and/or $25. I’m also willingly to add if you have a company I would be more than welcome to wear a shirt advertising your company while I run in the marathon if you decide to help & sponsor me. For those of you around the SCV valley, another way, that I’m offering my service to help raise support for myself is if you have any odd jobs around the house, etc that needs to be done. Any job is welcome.
If you decide to sponsor me, please write a check made out to (I put my name here) and mail it to: (I inserted my address here)
Besides the financial aspect of doing a marathon there are some other prayer requests I have for you. One is my health that I stay healthy and not get sick leading up to the marathon and for protection the day of the marathon. One last prayer I have for you is that while I’m in the midst of running (training, actual marathon, etc) that I keep running for Christ (see Hebrews 12:1-2).
If you want to see how I’m doing in my training and for updates, please feel free to visit my running blog I’ve created (inserted the running blog here)
Sincerely,
Joy Caine
*I was going to send the letters out to some friends, etc. I'm just nervous about the response.*
No comments:
Post a Comment