~On a side note, it has been 11 weeks since I started training for the LA Marathon!! How crazy and/or cool is that?!! The good thing too is I'm only 4 miles off what I'm "supposed" to be at in the training so that's good too! Only 4 miles, not bad at all for starting probably late in the training (I started in October 2009). 11 Weeks, can you believe it or what?!! 11 Weeks ago, I started training for a marathon.........to be continued.~
This evening, I worked out again with my friend Lauren that is doing the LA Marathon with me along with another person too! We had our second Marathon Training Session & it was fun. Like I said earlier, it was good to workout in a group because each person in the group can help and encourage one another out no matter what pace one is on. Plus, it's always fun to do things in groups especially running! It makes running (& the time) go by that much quicker! Really, it does. :)
My friend Lauren picked me up at my house at 6pm today and drove to where we were going to work out. It was somewhere around Balboa Park/Encino (in that area). We ran about 6 Miles. It was the first time ever I ran at night because I usually run in the mornings. It was an interesting experience in itself. After we ran and did our workout, we headed back to where our cars were, called it a night and headed home. We ran for two hours today. It was a good job today and a good workout/run! When I got home that night, I felt good, checked my email and headed off to bed because the running wiped me out. Good day though!
Something to think about:
- Sometimes it feels weird to run with a group. I guess it stems from the fact, you get used to maybe running alone and than you join a running group and feel you do better or something like that when you are not with them. Make sense? Probably not. I tried to explain. Haha....You know, how sometimes you do different with your running when your byself and than when you join a group? It just felt weird. But I'm really thankful I'm running with a group and doing a marathon with a friend because I don't think I'd be doing it (a marathon) otherwise. Being in a group helps!!
- Why does one feel SO tired after a run where you want to rest so one gets back their energy? I know it probably has something to do with the running distance whatever one did that day but still....why does one feel so tired after running?
- I came across this website for tracking how many miles a certain course or whatnot is through a friend of a friend and its been helpful. I tried it our a few times. Here it is: http://www.runningmap.com/
I'm signing off until my next running adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment