Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why I Ran a Marathon

Why? Why not? It's a question; I guess, most people ask (& even myself too) when you tell them that you are going to do a marathon.

Why did I decide to run in a marathon? There's a few reasons. First being, that I wanted to get my mind off the job hunt and everything else that goes along with that. I wanted to get my mind off that and what better way than to train for a marathon :)

Secondly, I've always wanted to do a marathon. I've seen and read about people that have done them (marathons) and always thought it be real interesting to do. If I put my heart and mind into something, I know I can do it. At first, I was like, "Can I really do this?" Than, I just decided on the spot to just go for it and not look back. And, I didn't look back and/or decided to give up. I trained and I trained. I was in for the ride of my life and boy was it a ride! A marathon was an experience I had yet to experienced & when I had finally experienced it....it was an amazing feeling! Wahoo!!

Thirdly, why not? Why not do a marathon? It's a challenge and it was definitely a challenge for me but it was well worth it because I knew I could do it. Plus, I am young and can do something like a marathon if I put the effort into it so why not?

Lastly, I ran a marathon because it was a challenge that I wanted to accomplish, as well as checking off my list of things to do and that I did. It felt so good and SO surreal when I crossed over the finish line!! It was unbelievable. I keep pinching and asking myself to this day, "Did I really do this, did I really finish a marathon?!!" It was a crazy accomplishment but I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I ran a marathon because it made me realize that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. It was a good feeling; finishing a marathon (yes, all 26.2 miles), yes it was!! I still can't believe it as I type this either. Running in the marathon was so unbelievable & a moment that will be remembered forever and all the good times that came with running the marathon. Running in a marathon is something everyone should do even if it is only done once in your life. I'd say go for it....go run in a marathon. These are some of the reasons that propelled me to run a marathon that I can give to you but in all honestly, I don't know why I ran a marathon. Yeah, I gave you some answers here but who knows really why I chose to run in a marathon. God only knows.

But, I am glad I did run in a marathon. Why? Running in a marathon felt so goood despite the pain during and afterwards because it was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life! Running made me feel so good. Running in the 2010 LA Marathon was such a rewarding & exciting experience; it really was!

Why I ran in a marathon....because I wanted too!

No comments: