I changed it up a bit today and ran in the afternoon per se (11-noonish) than when I usually run in the morning for my training. For today, I ran 2.20 Miles. It was a good run and felt great especially after being sidelined since Sunday's run from a sore muscle! Monday was a rest day so I really only missed Tuesday and Wednesday. I had rested and took care of myself icing the sore muscle until it was all better and I could run again. :)
As the marathon is getting closer and closer, I still can't believe that I am actually going to be doing one!! It blows my mind sometimes just thinking about it but I really want to challenge and push myself. It's going to be hard but I want to do it. Some may ask, how and why I decided to do a marathon and I know I've said my why before but honestly if I'm being honest I don't know why (a specific reason) I chose to do a marathon right now at this time. It's a distraction that has been nice from the craziness of life here and helped me get somewhat in shape but other than that and running this race for Christ, any other reason is up in the air. Running a marathon has always been something that I've wanted to do and why not now I guess?! So, here I go on my soon to be adventure!!
I recently asked a friend of mine that I know that has done a marathon what her thoughts were before, during, and after the marathon she had ran as I'm about to run in my FIRST EVER marathon. She answered by saying, "Oh man, that's a loaded question! The marathon was seriously one of the best experiences of my life. The best part is how it reminded me of our lives as Christians, the endurance we have admidst trials, and the reward to come. But there's so much more! I'll try to get back to you when I can." I look forward to hearing more from her when she has the time to do so.
I'm signing off until my next running adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment