Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 17: 16 Miles

Today, I ran and did 16 Miles this morning for my training. It took me about 4 hours and 20 minutes to run the course that I choose to do this morning. It was a good run,....a hard one....but good! I had to walk a bit about half way through coming back. Water has never tasted SO good!! Today, also made me realize that the second half of the marathon I'm doing is going to be the toughest part of the race. But......

I know I can do it!! I know I can!! It's going to be hard and will take a lot of dedication, time and peseverance but I want to really complete a marathon because it's something I've always wanted to do at some point in my life. It would be really neat accomplishment and feeling; I think, to look back on and say, "Wow, I DID a marathon and survived! How cool is that?!!" It would be an awesome feeling. 16 Miles run today went alright. :)

Slow and Steady

Dear Lord,
Please give me the strength to do the task at hand that is before me. Help me to run not only this marathon that's coming up but to always run the race of faith. I want to work on looking towards you; relying on & trusting in you where I'm not relying on anyone else but you. Help me to set side any weights and/or sin that may try to get in my way that will try to distract me from running the race of faith with endurance; the race that's in front of me (both externally (LA Marathon) & internally). I want to run the race that's in front of me with endurance looking unto you and no one else. Help me to have the discipline and strength to run this race; to not lose focus.

Joy

I'm signing off until my next running adventure!

No comments: