Thursday, October 29, 2009

Little Train that Could

*First Run*

So I had my first run today! :)

Things I realized: I'm really slow & I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm a beginner and I'm at the very beginning of the training for a marathon. It's hard, tough and exhausting. I have a long way to go with my training. I ran three (3) miles but since I'm a beginner on all levels I was slow. It felt good though. There was a nice breeze to go with the run which was super sweet and nice! It took a half and hour to get to Master's (where I ran to and back). Thought it be way longer....haha.

I'm doing this for me and no one else. I stopped by the professors offices to say hi (Hotchkiss), got something to drink from the drinking fountain at North Campus where I cooled/rested off a bit. After a bit I started home. I ran for a mile to make it three (3) miles and than walked the rest of the way.

Unrealistic goal? I don't think so. I've always wanted to do one that's on my list of things to do in my life and thought to myself, "Why not now?!! What's stopping me?" I'm young. It's going to be hard (Economics was hard and I got through it with the help of Dr. Mackey. BTW: Best Economics teacher ever!) and lots of work but I'm up for the challenge. It does not matter how long it takes me to finish the marathon, I want to say that I finished one. What an awesome feeling that would be! As I cross that finish line being all tired and such as I am, in my head I'd be "Did I really finish a marathon??? I did it, I actually finished a marathon!!"

Water is my new best friend (& it should be yours too)! I'm slow but like the train that could & the Hair and Tortoise, slow and steady wins/finishes the race.

Signing off until the next adventure!

No comments: