Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here it goes....again!!

*A challenge to rise to*
~Why not?!!~

I decided to form another blog to document my training and fitness--keeping healthy--(that will include watching what I'll eat, etc) that I'll be doing for a Marathon. This blog will be exclusively only for my exercise, watching my eating habits (list what I eat/drink each day) and so forth so that I can look back one day and see what I have accomplished.

I wanted to record my progress as I'm going to be training for a marathon because....well, just because! Doing a marathon is something I've always wanted to do at some point in my life and I wanted to just document the progress, that's all. So, the reason for this blog is simple: to record my progress, etc so I can look back one day and see what I've accomplished and go, "Wow, I did that?!!" I want to be real honest with my self because I'm doing this for myself. I want to challenge my self too.

I'm going to try to post daily with updates on my training, (how it goes, how I feel during/through it all, etc) struggles and so forth. Like I said before, I wanted a place to document everything so I can look back when I'm older and just be amazed at what I've accomplished! So, enjoy reading my progress if you want that is! I'm sorry in advance if it's boring at times....but like I said, I'm doing this for me. :)

One more than before I go, I definitely agree that naming your blog is quite a responsibility because you want it to mean something; to show you and what you're all about. I have decided to title my blog Hebrews 12:1-2 and have the blogging address be running the race of faith because it just felt right to me because I am in a race if I'm being honest--the race of faith with Jesus being my author and finisher of my faith because without him, I would have no life. I have life & I'm living today because of what Jesus did on the cross for me when he died. He paid the penalty for my sins even though he didn't have to (Romans 5:8; John 3:16) when he died on the cross. But, he did because he loved me & he loves you too! Therefore, I want to work on glorifying & honoring God in all that I do.

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments: