Sunday, March 9, 2014

Four Years Ago

Today is the 2014 LA Marathon. 

Four Years Ago (the official date of my first marathon is: March 21), I completed my first ever marathon. That's right .... I said marathon .... all 26.2 miles of it :)

One of the hardest not too mention painful (although I'm glad my toes weren't broken, or I lost any toe nails, etc at the very end when I crosses the finish line because I heard stories) but most rewarding things I've ever done in my life where I pushed myself was when I trained for the 2010 LA Marathon. I didn't know what I was in for but I'm glad I did it. It taught me perseverance and hard work along the way. While I was running, I kept one foot in front of another until that finish line & Hebrews 12:1-2 was in my head and mind the whole way. It was an amazing feeling afterwards! It was really awesome that two of my closest friends (Bonnie & Vikki) also came out that day to cheer me on as I neared the finish line. These are the only two pictures during the marathon that my friend Lauren too (we ran the marathon together & cheered/encouraged each other along the course).

#2010LAMarathon #LAMarathon #justdoit #marathonfinisher #greatexperience


Oh what a wonderful feeling it was knowing that I had just completed 26.2 miles that day :)

No comments: